If you got a new iPhone or bought a used one, your first thing to do is to customize it to your needs. Installing apps, setting shortcuts or changing settings according to your daily use and needs. If you want to make your iPhone truly your own, you should change iPhone name so that it can be identified whose phone is it.
On most Wi-Fi routers, your iPhone’s name shows up in the connected devices list to show which specific device it is. So here is a quick way on how to change iPhone name.
Method 1-Change iPhone Name: Through iTunes on Your PC or Mac
Through this method, you will see how to change iPhone name through iTunes on your computer. If you use iTunes, you might be using it on your Windows PC or Mac since it is compatible on those operating systems. You can change the name of your iPhone and also iPad, iPod through iTunes with these simple steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac, on which iTunes is installed, through the USB cable supported by your iPhone.
- iTunes should open automatically as soon as you connect your iPhone if you have allowed this option.
- If you have not allowed the option mentioned in Step 2, open iTunes manually on your computer.
- When iTunes is opened, wait for it to connect to your iPhone.
- When your iPhone is connected, click on the small iPhone icon under the player buttons at the top left of the iTunes window.
6.You will be taken to your iPhone’s page in iTunes.
7.In the upper left corner of your iPhone’s page, you will see your iPhone’s icon and your iPhone’s current name.
8.Click on the name of your device.
9.Now you will be able to edit this name.
10.Type your desired name and press enter to save changes.
If you have followed the above steps properly, you should be able to change iPhone name through iTunes by now. You can also change the name of your iPad or iPod through iTunes just like this.
Method 2 : Through Settings App on Your iPhone
If you don’t have access to a computer or if you don’t have iTunes installed on your computer, you can change your iPhone’s name through the Settings in your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone.
- From the home screen of your iPhone, navigate and tap on the “Settings” app.
- In the Settings, go to “General” then “About”.
- In the About page in the Settings app of your iPhone, the first line you see will be the name of your iPhone.
- Tap on your iPhone’s name.
- You will now be able to edit it your iPhone’s name.
- Type your desired name and tap on done to save changes.
You can also change the name of your iPad or iPod Touch just like this through the Settings app.
This tutorial showed you a quick way on how to change iPhone name. Almost all iPhone users have iTunes installed on their PC or Mac so for them both of the above mentioned methods should work. You can also change the name of your iPad or iPod through these methods.