Jailbreaking iOS is the best way to customize and unlock some of the features which are restricted to be used by Apple on their iPhone and iPad devices. By Jailbreaking, you can customize the interface of iOS, install paid apps for free and install many tweaks through an app called Cydia. Here we show how to install Cydia without jailbreak.
Cydia contains all of the tweaks and apps for a jailbroken iPhone or iPad. The main reason for jailbreaking an iPhone or iPad is that many users are actually bored of the same old iOS interface and they want to customize it to their needs.
Many people actually do not like to go through the painful process of jailbreaking their iPhone or iPad but still want to tweak their iOS with all the tweaks available in Cydia. There is a way to actually install Cydia without jailbreaking an iPhone or iPad. This is the best solution for people who do not want to jailbreak their devices, so we have got you covered.
Following is the method to install Cydia without jailbreak on your iPhone 6, 6s or iPad. Make sure that you follow each and every step carefully:
Step 1: Check the iOS Version of your iPhone 6, 6S or iPad
Installing Cydia on your iPhone or iPad without jailbreak works on iOS versions 9.2 or below. Before you continue with installing Cydia without Jailbreak, you need to check the iOS version of your iPhone or iPad. Follow these simple steps
1. Unlock your iPhone or iPad.
2. Go to the “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad by tapping on the Settings icon.
3. In Settings, navigate and tap on “General”.
4. In General, navigate and tap on “About”.
5. In About, navigate and tap on “Version”.
6. In Version, you will see the iOS version of your iPhone or iPad.
If your iPhone or iPad’s version is iOS 9.2 or below, then continue with the next step.
Step 2: Make a Backup of Your iPhone 6, 6S or iPad
Before you install Cydia without jailbreak, you need to make a backup of your iPhone or iPad in case some things go wrong. Backing up your device is very easy and involves some very easy steps:
To make a backup through iTunes, follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
2. iTunes will automatically open up with your device’s page.
3. On the left side of iTunes, click on “Summary” under “Settings”.
4. On the right side of iTunes, you should see your iOS device’s information.
5. Under “Backups”, look for “Manually Backup and Restore”.
6. Under that, click on “Back Up Now” to start making a backup of your device.
To find out more about how to backup iPhone/iPad through iTunes, you can refer this link.
To make a backup on iCloud, follow these steps:
1. Go to the “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad by tapping on the Settings icon.
2. In Settings, navigate and tap on “iCloud”.
3. In iCloud, navigate and tap on “Backup”.
4. In Backup, tap on “Back Up Now” to start making a backup of your device.
Backup to iCloud depends on the size of the iPhone data and the iCloud plan you have.
Step 3: Install Cydia Without Jailbreak
After you have completed the previous steps, your iPhone or iPad is now ready to install Cydia without jailbreak. Carefully follow the next steps to install Cydia, make sure that you perform each step and don’t leave out any:
1. Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad by tapping on the App Store icon.
2. Tap on the search bar (search page on iPhone) and type “vSSH Client” and tap on “Search”.
3. A list of results will appear. Tap on the one named “vSSH Client” to install the app.
4. Enter your Apple email ID and password if the App Store asks.
5. When the app is installing, go to the Settings app by tapping on the Settings icon usually located on the first page of the iPhone or iPad home screen.
6. Then go to Wi-Fi and tap on the connected network shown in the list.
7. Tap and hold on the IP Address of your phone and select “Copy”.
8. When “vSSH Client” is installed, tap on it to open the app.
9. The vSSH Client will show you an IP Host option, paste the IP address in the IP Host option.
10. Navigate in the IP Host options and set username to “root”.
11. Then tap on the connect option on the top of vSSH Client.
12. A message will pop up and will ask you to connect “Yes Once” or “Yes Permanently”. Tap on “Yes Once”.
13. Then the app will ask you for a password. Enter the password “alpine”.
14. Tap on the back button at the top of the screen, and enter the following code in the text box where the app takes you:
WGET -Q -O /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH HTTP://DOWNLOADS.KR1SIS.NET/CYINSTALL.SH && CHMOD 755 /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH && /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH
15. After entering the code, tap on okay and the download will start and will take up to one or two minutes.
16. When the download completes, your iPad or iPhone will restart. Don’t worry, this is a part of the process.
17. After your iPhone or iPad restarts, unlock it.
18. On the home screen, you will see the Cydia app icon.
19. It will be downloading and installing the app so you have to wait a few minutes.
20. After it is downloaded, you will be able to use Cydia on iPhone or iPad without Jailbreak.
Now that you have Cydia without jailbreaking your iPhone 6, 6S or iPad, you can easily install the available Cydia tweaks and emulators easily. Your iPhone or iPad will remain without jailbreak. You can see almost all the tweaks available in Cydia but you won’t be able to install every tweak since most of them really require you to jailbreak your device. Some people just don’t want to jailbreak their device, so this way is good of you don’t want to jailbreak your device and would just like to install free apps and emulators.