Apple has made their iTunes store very user friendly and it is also very secure. Due to this, many Mac or iOS device users prefer buying music, movies and TV shows from iTunes. You can also easily edit your Apple ID account information right from iTunes on your PC or Mac. You can even remove credit card from iTunes if it has expired or if you have changed it or if you are being charged automatically.
Removing your credit card is very easy. Here is how to remove credit card from iTunes so it will not charge you automatically: You can use these steps if you use Windows 10, 8.1 PC or Mac computers as long as you have installed iTunes on them.
Step 1- Remove Credit Card from iTunes: Open Account Information on iTunes
This step will guide you to your Account Information page on iTunes which will eventually lead you to your Apple ID Payment Information. Follow these steps to open Account Information:
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac, whichever you are using.
- In iTunes, open iTunes Store (if it is not opened automatically) from the “iTunes Store” under the Apple logo.
- Click on “Account” from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- If you have not logged in to your Apple ID, select “Sign in” under the Account menu.
- If you already logged in to your Apple ID on iTunes, select “View My Account” under the Account menu.
- You will be asked for your Apple ID password, enter that to continue.
- If you are at Step 4 or 6 and you have forgotten your Apple ID or Password, make sure you select “Forgot My Password” because your Apple ID is required for removing credit card from iTunes.
- You will be taken to your Account Information page, where you will see all of your Apple ID summary, purchase history and settings.
Follow the next step to edit your Payment Information.
Step 2: Edit Payment Type
In this step, you will edit the payment type on your Apple ID and it will show you how to remove credit card from iTunes. Make sure you are on the “Account Information” page on iTunes from the previous step and continue over here:
- On the Account Information page, go to the “Apple ID Summary” section.
- Under Apple ID Summary section, look for “Payment Type”.
- Next to Payment Type, click on “Edit”.
- You will be taken to the “Edit Payment Information” page.
- In that page you will see types of payment that can be selected for your Apple ID, like Visa, Master Card or PayPal.
- To remove credit card or payment information, select “None” that is at the end of the list.
- After selecting “None”, click “Done” to save changes.
Congratulations, your credit card has been removed from iTunes.
These were easy steps to show you how to remove credit card from iTunes so it will not charge you automatically. If you are being charged automatically on iTunes, do remove your credit card as shown above and contact iTunes Store Support right away to avoid future problems like this.